- Enterprise content management (ECM) solutions enable an organization to take full advantage of the customer information and company knowledge embedded in its content. ECM solutions capture, store, activate, analyze and automate business content, providing new value from data that was previously unstructured and unavailable.
- ECM systems help streamline the lifecycle of information with document management and the automation of process workflows. It is critical for any organization with large volumes of content to have a defined ECM plan to eliminate operational inefficiencies, reduce costs and adhere to regulatory compliance mandates.
- Identity and access management (IAM) is a framework of business processes, policies and technologies that facilitates the management of electronic or digital identities.
- With an IAM framework in place, information technology (IT) managers can control user access to critical information within their organizations.
- Identity and access management products offer role-based access control, which lets system administrators regulate access to systems or networks based on the roles of individual users within the enterprise.
- A cloud access security broker (CASB) is a cloud-based software that sits between cloud service users and cloud applications and monitors all activity and enforces security policies.
- A CASB can offer a variety of services, including but not limited to monitoring user activity, warning administrators about potentially hazardous actions, enforcing security policy compliance, and automatically preventing malware.
- Mobile device management (MDM) is a type of security software used by an IT department to monitor, manage and secure employees’ mobile devices that are deployed across multiple mobile service providers and across multiple mobile operating systems being used in the organization.
- Mobile application management (MAM) is software that secures and enables IT control over enterprise applications on end users’ corporate and personal smartphones and tablets.
- information Protection helps you discover, classify, label and protect your sensitive information, wherever it lives or travels. Information protection typically offers sensitivity-label driven protection of individual files.
- Information protection offers encryption, identity, and authorization policies to help secure your files and email, and it works across multiple devices—phones, tablets, and PCs.
- Advanced threat protection (ATP) refers to security solutions that defend against sophisticated malware or hacking-based attacks targeting sensitive data. Advanced threat protection solutions can be available as software or as managed services.
- ATP solutions can differ in approaches and components, but most include some combination of endpoint agents, network devices, email gateways, malware protection systems, and a centralized management console to correlate alerts and manage defenses.
- Electronic signature, commonly known as ‘e-signature’ and ‘e-sign’ is a legal concept, that is different from digital signature which is a cryptographic method used to implement electronic signatures.
- An electronic signature provides a precise and secure identification method to the signatory to provide a seamless transaction.
- A Session Border Controller (SBC) is a network function which secures voice over IP (VoIP) infrastructures while providing interworking between incompatible signaling messages and media flows (sessions) from end devices or application servers.
- SBCs are employed in Enterprise infrastructures or any carrier network delivering commercial residential, business, fixed-line or mobile VoIP services.
- Supported SBC enables you to connect to Microsoft phone system With this capability, for example, you can configure on-premises Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) connectivity with Microsoft Teams client.
Applications & Infrastructure
- Combine SAP ERP cloud solutions with the innovation, agility and reliability of Azure. Built-in backup and recovery simplifies your SAP landscape. Spin up systems in minutes with up to 24 TB of RAM scale-up and 60 TB scale-out for SAP HANA on Azure.
- Azure provides High-performance virtual machines, purpose-built bare-metal instances and massively scalable cloud storage help you get the most from your SAP investments.
- Windows Virtual Desktop is a comprehensive desktop and app virtualization service running in the cloud.
- Windows Virtual Desktop is the only virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) that delivers simplified management, multi-session Windows 10, optimizations for Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise, and support for Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environments.
- Disaster Recovery solutions help you ensure fast recovery of your systems, applications and data after a system or storage outage, as well as man-made or natural disasters.
- Simplify disaster recovery and resume operations quickly and smoothly with a single solution that protects your physical, virtual and cloud environments to improve business continuity.
- SIEM software collects and aggregates log data generated throughout the organization’s technology infrastructure, from host systems and applications to network and security devices such as firewalls and antivirus filters. The software then identifies and categorizes incidents and events, as well as analyzes them.
- SIEM software aggregates data from all sources, including users, applications, servers and devices running on-premises or in any cloud, letting you reason over millions of records in a few seconds. And It also includes built-in connectors for easy onboarding of popular security solutions.
Monitoring maximizes the availability and performance of your applications and services by delivering a comprehensive solution for collecting, analyzing, and acting on telemetry from your cloud and on-premises environments. It helps you understand how your applications are performing and proactively identifies issues affecting them and the resources they depend on.
Data & AI
- Cognitive Services are APIs, SDKs, and services available to help developers build intelligent applications without having direct AI or data science skills or knowledge.
- Cognitive Services enable developers to easily add cognitive features into their applications.
- The goal of Cognitive Services is to help developers create applications that can see, hear, speak, understand, and even begin to reason.
- Our Cognitive Services can be categorized into five main pillars – Vision, Speech, Language, Web Search, and Decision.
Bot Service and Bot Framework provide you with tools to build, test, deploy, and manage intelligent bots all in one place. Through the use of modular and extensible framework provided by the SDK, tools, templates, and AI services developers can create bots that use speech, understand natural language, handle questions and answers, and more.
- Big data requires service that can orchestrate and operationalize processes to refine these enormous stores of raw data into actionable business insights. Azure Data Factory is a managed cloud service that’s built for these complex hybrid extract-transform-load (ETL), extract-load-transform (ELT), and data integration projects.
- Integrate data silos with Azure Data Factory, a service built for all data integration needs and skill levels. Easily construct ETL and ELT processes code-free within the intuitive visual environment or write your own code. Visually integrate data sources using more than 80 natively built and maintenance-free connectors at no added cost. Focus on your data—the serverless integration service does the rest.
- Business Intelligence Services is a collection of software services, apps, and connectors that work together to turn your unrelated sources of data into coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights. Your data may be an Excel spreadsheet, or a collection of cloud-based and on-premises hybrid data warehouses.
- Business Intelligence Services lets you easily connect to your data sources, visualize and discover what’s important, and share that with anyone or everyone you want.